One of the greatest feelings in the world is that of a teenager getting behind the wheel to drive a car. The feeling of excitement and independence is a sense that is hard to duplicate. However, when teenagers get behind the wheel, parents have a different reaction. Instead of joy and happiness, parents of driving teens are filled with worry and concern. Suddenly, after years of protecting their children, teens are able to drive and become more independent. With this independence is concern for the teens safety on the part of the parents.
However, with proper guidance and good judgement, teens should be able to operate a car safely. In order to be a safe driver teenagers must follow set guidelines to protect themselves, passengers and others on the roadway. In order for teenagers to be safe drivers they must be aware of the rules of the road, know how to ensure that the car is safe to operate, be alert to dangers in the road and be able to avoid distractions while driving. Considering teens are generally listening to loud music, talking on the phone, texting a friend or checking out their phone, the temptations of distracted driving is a real concern.
Using this as a guide, teens and parents will have guidance on how teenagers can operate motor vehicles safely. Enjoy reading and exploring the following teen driving resources:
Rules of the Road
- Teen Drivers – useful information for teen drivers to understand the laws and rules of driving.
- State Traffic and Speed Laws – information on various laws and regulations for each state on traffic and speeding.
- State DWI/DUI Laws – helpful website proving information on various state laws concerning drinking and driving.
- Driving Laws – informative site providing links to state motor vehicle laws and state DMV offices.
Basic Car Maintenance
- Driving and Car Maintenance – useful information on how simple car maintenance can prolong the life of an auto and help save money.
- Keeping Your Car in Shape – information on the benefits of regularly scheduled maintenance to increase the life of your car.
- Car Maintenance Tips – informative suggestions on keeping autos in proper working order.
- Basic Car Care Information – helpful suggestions on how to do basic car maintenance on your auto.
- Basic Car Maintenance Tips – listing of ten tips that car owners should be aware of to maintain a proper running auto.
Dangers of Driving
- Driving in the Rain – tips and suggestions on how to drive safely in the rain.
- Winter Driving – information on how to safely drive in winter weather conditions.
- Winter Driving Tips – useful information and suggestions on driving safely in snow, sleet and other winter conditions.
- Driving Risks – article discussing dangers while driving including driving while drowsy and other potential problems.
- Drugged Driving – information on how drugs can have an effect on attentiveness and driving ability.
Safe Driving Tips
- Driving Tips – information and tips on how to keep safe while driving in various conditions.
- Driving Safely – common sense information for drivers to be safe on the road.
- Safe Driving for Teens – informative site providing suggestions on how teens can drive safely.
- Center for Teen Safe Driving – portal containing information aimed at teenagers to provide them with safe driving information.
- Safe Driving Agreement – information on an agreement available for teens and parents for safe driving.
- Teen Driving Safety – information for teens and parents on how to be a safe teen-aged driver.
- Tips for Teen Drivers – tips and suggestions for teen-aged drivers on how to drive safely.
- Distractions While Driving – listing of state laws for teens covering cell phones and other distractions during driving.
- Texting While Driving – information from the FCC about the dangers of texting and using your cell phone while driving.
- Distracted Driving – informative resource from OSHA on the dangers of distracted driving for teens and all people.
- Driving Distractions – helpful information on distractions that can affect drivers on the road.
Teen Driving Resources
- Teen Drivers – collection of information and resources for teen drivers to be able to operate a car safely.
- Safe Teen Drivers – information and resources primarily for teen drivers, but are usable for everyone.
- Teen Driver Resources – helpful information for teen drivers to be safe on the road.
- Teen Driving Resources – informative article outlining the steps that teens must go through to obtain a license.
- Teen Driving Safety – resources and information on teen safety on the road.
- Teen Driving Resource Information – helpful information for teens and parents on how to be safe drivers.
- Teen Driving Resources – article containing informative sites and information on teen driving.
This article is a resource created by Cheap Car Insurance meant to educate and raise awareness for teen drivers and their parents. Sharing is permissible. Please contact us if you have any questions. Get a car insurance quote in your area.