In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website, CheapCarInsurance.net
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you search for a car insurance quote you supply information such as your name, gender, marital status, birthday, address, phone number. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests for car insurance quotes, improving our website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose, we may share your information with other companies who provide goods or services that you are interested in. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection in Section 4 of this policy. If you choose to add drivers to an insurance quote, we will ask for the additional drivers name, gender, marital status, birthday, relationship to first driver, education and occupation. CheapCarInsurance.net does not store this information and the information is only used for the sole purpose of fulfilling a quote request.
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon our web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- We share your personal information with other companies so that they can offer car insurance quotes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please do not submit a request for a quote.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
More often than not, other companies underestimate the importance of your personal privacy and security, which is why we have gone to extensive lengths to ensure your safety while shopping for services on our website. Our #1 priority is to keep you protected, and it starts when you get your auto insurance quote from us. We do not sell your information to third parties for independent use. We probably hate SPAM more than you do.
We maintain the highest level of security across our website using the latest security systems available today. This includes up to 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption; and that’s above your average 128-bit encryption you typically see. We encrypt your personal information at the highest standards possible. We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion and we limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis. We also do not collect or store your personal financial data.
But, no system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock cannot guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
4. Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
It is your choice whether to receive emails or special offers from us or others. The following section provides you with this choice. To opt out of these marketing emails please by contact us here. Please note the default settings
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete it by contacting us by telephone 1-844-906-0664 or contact us here. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Children We do not sell products or services to children under the age of 18. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of 18, we will delete this information.
8. Testimonials With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us here.
6890 S. 2300 E. #712174
Salt Lake City, UT 84171
Updated March 16, 2016